Pages

Saturday 27 September 2014

Experiencing Canadian Fall!


Sorry it's gone a bit quiet on my side guys, I'm now settled in beautiful sunny Canada visiting my dad for a few days! I flew in on Thursday with my sister and we have already been over to explore Quebec, and the waterfall, which was great as we appear to have picked the best week/weekend for the weather. It was in mid/high twenties today whilst we were venturing up 480 steps to see the waterfall from every possible spot. Beautiful. 

This was the view from the top - you can just about see Quebec city behind the tree line. Not a cloud in the sky.

I don't know if I have any Canadian readers? I would love to know if there are any riding facilities near Montreal if I do though! The lack of horses over here in plain sight is shockingly alien to me. There were cart horses in Quebec, but I must admit, I just wanted to take them all home and give them a few hearty meals and lots of love and cuddles. The poor things work for hours on end up and down the hills, and I can't help but feel for them. 

It's safe to say that whilst I'm having a lovely time out here, being away from my two boys is difficult. I'm looking forward to Skyping with my dear hubby on Monday (my birthday!) and I'm hoping this little man is behaving himself for Sarah. When I get home he's getting a hunter clip ready for the weather to turn - we will use those rugs this year! Plus it will be lovely not having to wait an hour before I can rug him up after a ride this Winter. No more Mr Sweaty Neck! 

Ride / play safe x

1 comment:

  1. I'm in Ontario, lots of horses out that way! Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete